Please read the following:
- I understand that there may be inherent risks associated with using certain equipment, products, utilizing the facility, participating in programs and/or receiving professional bodywork and/or SPA treatments provided by Big Island MT.
- I understand that there is no implied or stated guarantee of success of effectiveness with individual techniques, modalities, series of appointments or products.
- I also understand that the treatments and products provided to me are for stress reduction, relief from muscular tension, and/or increasing circulation.
- I am responsible for my own health; Big Island MT associates, practitioners, technicians, and all other related staff are not qualified healthcare practitioners and cannot be expected to diagnose and/or treat individual health problems like a licensed medical physician.
- The massage therapist that I work with prescribes neither medical treatment nor pharmaceuticals, nor performs any spinal or skeletal manipulations, adjustments, or physical therapy, and that nothing said during any session should be construed as such.
- Be it known, that I acknowledge that massage therapy and use of products is not a substitute for medical care, examination or diagnosis, and it is recommended that I see my physician or other qualified personnel for any medical ailment that I may have or may acquire.
- I understand that I am responsible for discussing any questions that I may have concerning my health conditions (if any) throughout any program or treatment with Big Island MT and, should health-related symptoms occur, I will cease my participation and inform personnel of the symptoms.
- I affirm that I have notified Big Island MT of all health-related conditions and injuries, be it past or present.
- I will inform Big Island MT and/or therapist(s) of any changes in my health status/personal health information ("PHI"), as well as changes in medication.
- I understand that massage/bodywork should not be performed under certain medical conditions (such as influenza, hives, rashes, broken bones, etc.) I understand that there shall be no liability on Big Island MT or any related staff's part should I fail to disclose my medical history.
- If I have reason to believe that medical clearance must be obtained prior to participation in any professional bodywork or SPA treatment (such as cancer), I agree to first consult a physician and obtain written permission from a physician prior to the commencement of any program, treatment, or activity associated with Big Island MT.
- By voluntarily choosing to receive professional bodywork, SPA-related treatments and/or participate in activities, programs, or purchase products provided by Big Island MT, I warrant that to the best of my knowledge, I have no disability, impairment or ailment that prevents me from receiving such treatments and/or engaging in such participation.
- If I experience pain or discomfort during any session, I will immediately inform my therapist so that pressure/strokes can be adjusted to my level of comfort. I will not hold my therapist responsible for any pain or discomfort I experience during or after the session.
- I also understand that Big Island MT provides professional and therapeutic care ONLY and any illicit or sexually suggestive remarks or advances made by me will result in immediate termination of the session, and I will be liable for full payment of the scheduled appointment.
- I am also aware that professional bodywork is generally given when I am unclothed. However, I may choose to wear undergarments or a swimsuit for my own personal comfort. If I choose to stay clothed, certain services may not be provided (such as hot stones or the use of massage oil), but treatment can be customized in such an event.
- I understand that I am choosing to receive professional bodywork/SPA treatments or purchase products for my own personal/home use, and I have the right to be as comfortable as possible. I may choose to use equipment and products provided by Big Island MT (such as heat therapy, blankets, disposable garments, oils, soaps, etc.) However, a top sheet is always mandatory while I am receiving treatment to ensure my comfort and safety and the safety of the therapist.
Consequently, in light of the foregoing, I hereby release Big Island Massage Therapy, LLC (and its parent corporation(s), subsidiaries, affiliated corporations, and their respective officers, directors, shareholders, independent contractors and employees and waive any and all claims, liabilities, or damages for personal injuries, lost or misplaced items, or any other situation that I may experience directly or indirectly from receiving professional bodywork or SPA-related treatments, utilizing the facility, and/or participating in the programs and activities, or using products purchased and offered by Big Island MT. If I am accessing the Site, I understand that my continued use of the Site is my agreement to this Release of Liability Waiver.